By Susan H. Goldstein, 2019 Commercial Investment Division President
SARASOTA, Fla. (January 7, 2019) – Since its inception in 1973, the Commercial Investment Division has worked to fulfill our Mission:
To be the leader in our marketplace by promoting professionalism to our membership through education, communication, and business development.
Our success is a result of individuals who stepped up to lead this organization over the past 45 years. It is the result of the efforts of both presidents and their Board of Directors.
Recognizing the past leadership is imperative to moving forward. I enter 2019 proud and grateful for what the 2018 Board accomplished under the leadership of David Roth. He is both a no-nonsense guy who says what he means and means what he says and has been open and supportive of change. Thank you, David, for your leadership.
With this 2018 leadership, CID has:
• Exceeded attendance and money raised at the Annual CID Golf Tournament.
• Maintained high standards in selecting speakers for monthly education programs.
• Hosted a CCIM class to make the internationally acclaimed curriculum more accessible.
• Implemented a complete overhaul of the sponsorship program.
• Recognized RPAC’s commitment to the Commercial Real Estate industry by increasing our investment to the Platinum R level ($10,000)
My goal as I take my turn at the relay race that is CID, is to focus on our mission. In August, your Board conducted a strategy session in which we solicited input from representative stakeholders and explored what professionalism requires and how we can better educate, communicate and develop business for our members.
Throughout the year, you will see programs that enhance our professionalism. We will work to increase our value to members and communicate the value of CID to our business community. If you have ideas or concerns, reach out to your leadership. I also ask you to consider getting involved. Our committees need your involvement whether it’s the Annual Golf Tournament, Downtown Horizons or education events. We are most effective as a team.
We need future leaders to step up. As my first act as your President, I am asking all of you to consider this opportunity. And I will encourage you with the words of our past presidents.
When asked what they’ve gotten out of serving on the Board, they shared:
- Enhanced my credibility to my clients and my own organization.
- Allowed me to give back to my profession, helping the next generation get started and shape the future.
- Provided me with a closer working relationship with my peers.
2019 CID Officers:
President: Susan Goldstein
President-Elect: Joe C. Hembree
Vice President: Erick Shumway
Treasurer: Melissa Harris
Secretary: Sean Dreznin
Immediate Past President: David Roth
2019 CID Directors:
Ivan Gould, Neil McCurry, Evan Berlin, Benjamin Bakker, Kenneth Hughes, Ken Hoskinson, and Tony Veldkamp
Above all, I have developed some very good friendships and business resources. As my friends and partners, I look forward to showing our community that we are leaders in the Commercial Real Estate arena.