Apply to serve as a Director for the National Association of REALTORS®
RASM will soon be selecting one member to serve on the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®. Please review the qualifications and responsibilities below and submit an application before 5 p.m. on September 9, 2022.
To be considered qualified, each candidate must meet the following minimum criteria unless waived by the Board of Directors.
- Be a current member of the Association
- Chaired at least one RASM committee
- Served at least one year on the RASM Board of Directors
- Investment in RPAC of at least $99 annually while serving
- Served on at least one Florida REALTORS® committee
- Served at least one term as a Director of Florida REALTORS®
- Attended at least one Great American REALTOR® Days in last 3 years
- Attended at least two Florida REALTORS® business meetings in last 3 years (Convention or Mid-Winter)
- Willing to commit to serve a minimum of three consecutive one-year terms as NAR Director
- Agree to serve on NAR committee during term as NAR Director
- Submit a completed application with documentation of meeting the qualifications
Role of the Director
Members of the Board of Directors have the duty and responsibility of governing NAR, and the association counts on directors to participate and deliberate issues that impact our members’ daily business lives. The following answers to frequently asked questions will help make the role you play in the growth and development of the NAR a rewarding one.
What are the governing responsibilities and authority of the Board of Directors?
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing the Association (see Articles IV and VII of the NAR Constitution). The Board of Directors has the authority to:
• Approve expenditures of the Association
• Set dues
• Set public policy positions as they pertain to the real estate industry
• Establish governing policies of the Association
• Approve member programs, products, and services
• Approve amendments to the NAR Constitution, Bylaws and Code of Ethics
What are my responsibilities as a director?
• Know the issues of importance to RASM members and bring matters of concern to the attention of NAR.
• Know the issues of importance and report matters of concern or actions taken y NAR back to RASM.
• Participate in the meetings. The Association depends on the experience, knowledge, judgment, and spirit you bring to the Board of Directors.
Whom do I represent?
As a member of the Board of Directors, you represent each of NAR’s members (over one million). This may be challenging because there will be a multitude of viewpoints by the membership on various issues, but if you place the welfare of the Association first, the right decision will be made.
Click here to read the full job description.
If interested, submit an application by 5 p.m. on September 9, 2022.
Should you have questions, please contact Cassidy Miller, (941) 952-3402.