SARASOTA, Fla. (June 7, 2017) – The Realtor® Association of Sarasota and Manatee (RASM) awarded six $2,000 scholarships to deserving students from the two-county area. The 2017 recipients were introduced and presented to Association leaders at a scholarship ceremony on June 7.
Every year, the Association awards up to six scholarships, as selected by the RASM Scholarship Committee. This year, the committee reviewed more than 100 applications and interviewed 12 candidates before determining the final six.
The 2017 recipients are:
- Charles “Joey” Arnold, a graduate from Sarasota High School, attending Florida State University this fall.
- Sydnee Berman, a graduate from Riverview High School with plans to attend the University of Florida.
- Gianluca Marra, a current undergraduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This is the second year Gianluca has received a RASM scholarship.
- Alexandra Mills, a graduate from Venice High School with plans to attend the University of Miami.
- Graeme Sugden, a graduate from Braden River High School, attending Florida State University.
- Kelsie Thomas, a current graduate student at Barry University in Miami, FL.
Three of the scholarships were awarded to applicants from the public at large and three were awarded to applicants who are immediate family members of members in good standing with the Association. Scholarships support tuition, textbooks and other course-related fees
The Realtor® Association of Sarasota and Manatee is proud to provide this financial support to area students in an effort to sustain the future of Sarasota and Manatee County. Since its founding in 2002, the RASM Scholarship Program has awarded over $138,000 to deserving students.
Click HERE to learn more about RASM Scholarships.