Sarasota County Emergency Management on behalf of the Florida Division of Emergency Management is looking for a new site that can be used for COVD-19 testing in Sarasota County. They are looking to us, the Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee for assistance in identifying a new site. This is time-sensitive, so if you think that you might know of a site that meets the below requirements please contact Scott Montgomery immediately!
COVID-19 Testing Site Requirements:
- Needs to be in Sarasota County
- Needs to have a very large, paved area to accommodate a testing site
- The paved area would need to allow for vehicle traffic to be stacked and weaved, lined up in a queue, so as not to back up traffic on roadways
- No buildings would need to be used, just the very large, paved area
- Vehicles will need to be able to drive by a testing booth that will be set up
- Throughout the day, there is the potential need to be able to accommodate a continuous flow of up to 500 cars during an 8-hour operational period (9 am- 5 pm)
- Need to have space to accommodate portable Conex boxes that are used for offices
- Need to have space for parking for Test Site Staff parking of approximately 20 vehicles
- Need to have space to accommodate Vendor tents, generators for electricity, and port-o-lets for staff working at the site. Staff working the site include National Guard and nurses, with local law enforcement serving as security.
- Would need to be available for lease starting between December 20th, and January 1, 2021, and be available for 3 to 6 months.
Best Possible Sites include:
- Vacant Office Building
- Vacant Retail Strip Center with large parking
- Vacant Industrial Building
- Vacant Lot where building has been razed, but parking lot still exists
We Need to have any possible site locations identified in the next two weeks, so send any possible locations to Scott Montgomery at 941-232-2012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org