By: Beth Beckert, Realtor®, Sarasota Global Realty
Did you know that RASM offers BOOST classes? Be involved in the RASM community and network with other Realtors® in Sarasota and Manatee. They have so many classes that allow you to gain knowledge and grow your business, network, share ideas, and do business.
The REALTOR® Association of Sarasota and Manatee offers so many tools that help a real estate agent strive to be the best in the industry. Take advantage of all the educational tools that RASM offers. This will give you the knowledge and confidence to be an expert in the field. The classes are for anyone, from the beginner to the seasoned agent who wants to pivot their business plan.
Get back to the basics with BOOST: Building Ourselves and Others through Strategic Training. BOOST takes you through the four fundamental areas every Realtor® should know. RASM offers all four BOOST classes starting in October! Visit www.myrasm. com/education/new-members/boost for class times and to register.
BOOST COURSE OFFERINGS
- The first BOOST course is “Running Your Business As a Business.” This class is a starting point for your business. Understanding the importance of the business plan, setting goals, creating a routine, time management, and being attentive to customers needs is vital to exceptional service.
- The second BOOST course is called “The Art Of Comps,” and is a highly valuable class that teaches the tools that can help your buyer determine how much to offer or what the seller’s home is worth. Learning how to develop a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your seller or buyer can be tricky. In Class 2 of BOOST, you will learn how to utilize the tools available to you so you can prepare an accurate price for your listings. Remember, CMAs are NOT appraisals!
- Class 3 of BOOST is “Marketing Yourself & Open Houses.” This class prepares you to host an effective open house, including farming techniques, and social media advertising to get buyers in the door.
- Finally, Class 4 of BOOST is “Building Your CRM (Client Relationship Management).” This class can help teach you how to generate and organize leads, which is imperative for a successful Realtor®.
Continuing education courses can help you stay in tune with the latest real estate changes, so you maintain great relationships with your clients! Thus, real estate can be a life-long journey in maintaining your license. RASM and continuing education offers many ways for you to be in the know and provide your client with the best service. Below are just some of the designations and certifications offered to differentiate yourself.
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative, ABR
- Certified International Property Specialist, CIPS
- Certified Residential Specialist, CRS
- Green Designation, Green
- Graduate Real Estate Institute, GRI
- Seller Representative Specialist, SRS
- Senior Real Estate Specialist, SRES
- At Home with Diversity, AHWD
- Military Relocation Professional, MRP
- Pricing Strategy Advisor, PSA
- Real Estate Negotiation Expert, RENE
- Resort & Second Home Property Specialist, RSPS
- Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource, SFR®
There is no end to what you will learn with RASM’s continuing education, designation, and certification classes. Continuing education courses will help you know exactly what clients expect of you and how to manage a variety of scenarios. Remember, education can open your mind to unique way of tackling challenges and help you to be more valuable as an educated real estate agent.
This article was originally posted in the September issue of ELEVATE.