Certified Waterfront Specialist (CWS)
With over 70 Sarasota and Manatee waterways, REALTORS® with waterfront background and experience are in high demand. There are specific considerations and criteria that a REALTOR® must know, and knowledge they must have when dealing with buying and selling waterfront property. This course will cover many of these considerations, the aspects, legalities, pitfalls and advantages of working with waterfront property. Dive deep into topics that are specific to this specialty and become a Certified Waterfront Specialist and local expert.
In this class, students will learn:
- Different types of waterfront properties.
- Knowledge of bridge heights, tides and water depths.
- Docks & Seawalls – What you can do, can’t do, need to look into, permitting process, ability to rebuild, etc.
- Riparian Rights & Water Use Rights – As an upland owner, what do you have the right to do?
- What does an upland owner mean, etc.
- Waterfront & Bathymetric Surveys: What you need included on your survey request (riparian lines, dune system, mean high waterline, water depths,
existence of seagrasses, etc.)
- Coastal Construction/Remodels & Variances: Adding on to existing waterfront property, tearing down and building from scratch, building on vacant land.
- Environmental Considerations
- FARBAR Contract considerations for buyers and sellers (due diligence periods, disclosures, CCCL disclosure, etc.)
- 50% Rule – we’d bring in an appraiser to get into the nitty-gritty of these appraisals and how the process works.
- Flood Insurance – what’s covered, what’s not. How much coverage should one have?
- FEMA Letter of Map Revision and FEMA Letters of Map Amendments – when does a property meet the criteria to apply for flood map revision and potentially bring the structure out of a flood zone or have it reduced?
To obtain the certification you must:
- Complete RASM’s 6 Hour Class and earn a score of 70 or more on the written exam.
- Complete Application and submit Application fee ($20).
- To qualify for the certification, an applicant must have 2 qualifying waterfront transactions 24 months prior and/or 24 months after class completion.
Upon completion, the certified agent will receive the following benefits:
- Use of the CWS (Certified Waterfront Specialist) acronym, name, and logo.
- Access to RASM’s waterfront resources.
- Name listed in the RASM’s CWS database.
RASM CERTIFIED WATERFRONT SPECIALISTS
Abygael Carlin Brooks
Carol Lynn Burdelik
Celinda Moore Scollo
David P Clapp
Diane Fogo Harter
Jacqueline de Manio Eberley
Jo Lee Mansfield
Jon Marc Swift
Kathleen Margaret Cintron
Kristen Marie Haines
Kristine H Niehaus
Linda M Zuffa
Lisa A Matthews
Lisa A Sebastian
Marie Ann Kinard
Mary Beth Hudson
Sandra Lynn Price
Scott Robert Haddow
Sherry C Adams
Stephen James Velliquette
Tayna Vy Lilly
Thomas W Hedge SR
Tina Rudek Stark
Wendy Lu Kesslak